April 10, 2019
UNION BOARD OF EDUCATION April 10,2019,
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by A. Estell at 6:37 p.m.
- A. Estell, J. Garden, L. Roberts, A. Blank, J. Reardon, Supt., S. Jackopsic, Prin., L. MacPherson, recording secretary, M. Huda, teacher & D. Eaton, 1st Selectman. Not in attendance: H. Bradway & J. Petersen.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- J. Garden made a motion to approve the minutes from March 13, 2019 & March 27, 2019. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
- Superintendent’s Report Joe reported on the various meetings he attended. He had an opportunity to speak briefly with our new Governor & will be in contact with Paul Mounds who is on the Governor’s staff.
- Principal’s Report Steve presented the Board with an excellent slide show as part of our Communication Plan and current proposed bills in Hartford. It will be used to communicate information about our school. It also included input from our staff about a day in the life of a small school. May 9th will be Health Day for our students. This will include CPR training for the upper grades, along with other activities.
- Curriculum Jess Garden discussed curriculum with Steve including: math and health
- Transportation Bus Contact with EASTCONN
- Building Waiting for the snow guards on the roof from solar company
- EASTCONN Amy discussed some new programs offered at EASTCONN
- Review the bills. Amy & Joe reviewed the bills & everything was in order.
- 2018-19 Budget Still looking at about a $10,000.00 deficit at this time.
- 2019-2020 Board of Ed Budget The Town Budget hearing will be April 23rd. May 13th will be the Town Meeting to vote on the Budget.
- Bus Contract Extension Steve discussed the bus contract extension with the Board. A. Blank made a motion to accept the new bus contract with EASTCONN as amended. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
- Principal’s Contract (possible Executive Session) A. Blank made a motion to go into executive session at 8:10 pm. Seconded. Unanimously approved. Motion to exit executive session by A. Blank. Seconded. Unanimously approved. Motion by A. Blank to approve Principal’s Contract as amended. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
- Union School Calendar 2019-2020 Adjustment Tabled until May 2019 meeting
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
Motion by L. Roberts to adjourn at 8:30 p.m. Seconded. Passed unanimously.
Linda MacPherson, Recording Secretary